Now more than ever it’s important that we thank teachers for all that they do. A great way to show your appreciation is through a meaningful gift during the holiday season. This gift guide outlines a wide range of gift ideas for your childcare center staff and teachers. No matter your budget, you can find something that works for you.
These 25 holiday gift ideas for teachers are items that your staff can use and appreciate. We also outlined some easy, DIY gift ideas for children to make for their teachers. While giving back to teachers, keep in mind any small or local business you can support when you’re shopping this season.
Here are 25 ideas for useful gifts to give your teachers during the holiday season and beyond.
1. Gift Cards
This might seem like the obvious choice but gift cards are always appreciated. They can really help teachers out by allowing them to get essentials or a special treat. For a contactless gift-giving experience, you can mail a gift card directly or even send them an e-giftcard.
- Local restaurants
- Sephora or Ulta
- Office Max
- Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts or a local coffee shop
- Local Spa
2. Candles – Public Goods ($5.95)
3. Tea Drop Gift Set ($14.99)
4. Coffee – Public Goods ($6.50)
5. Puzzles – Amazon ($6.99)
6. Card Games – Walmart ($4.59)
7. Homemade Snacks/Baked Goods (~$5-$10)
Festive Bags for Baked Goods – Amazon ($5.89)
8. Fuzzy Socks – Target A New Day Snowflake Socks ($3)
9. Bath Bombs – Lush ($7.95)
10. Bubble Bath – Dr. Teal’s Foaming Bath ($4.89)
11. Bar Soap – Amazon ($19.99 – 6 pack)
12. Set of Face Masks – Old Navy ($9.00)
13. Hand Sanitizer – Bath and Body Works ($8)
14. Hand Cream – Target ($2.99)
15. Journal/Notebook – Target ($4.49)
16. Glass Tumbler – Amazon ($13.99)
17. Personalized Stationary – Zazzle ($8.50)
18. Travel Mug – Target – ($10)
19. Reusable Tote Bag – Amazon ($17.99 – 12 pack)
Customize these by ironing on a cute decal or quote!
20. Handwritten Notes – Amazon Holiday Cards ($7.99)
21. Fine-Point Colored Pens – Amazon ($9.99)
22. Lip Balms – Amazon ($3.59)
23. Popsockets – Target ($9.99)
24. Succulents – Amazon ($14.99 – 5 pack)
25. From the Kids:
Meaningful gifts for your teachers don’t need to cost a lot of money. Creating gifts for the children to give their teachers is easy, sentimental, and cost-effective. Here are a few ideas for gifts your teachers can use and appreciate.
- Have the kids write a note or letter to their teacher filled with their favorite memories, why they appreciate them, and wishing them a happy holiday.
- Create a memory book from the kids full of pictures and memories from the year.
- Have the kids create some handmade crafts as a sentimental gift. These could be cards, ornaments, bookmarks, etc.
Have a safe and happy holiday season!
Kangarootime is the leading all-in-one childcare management software for daycares and preschools. With billing and invoicing capabilities, parent communication and staff management tools and classroom automation, Kangarootime helps childcare centers grow and scale. To learn more about optimizing your center with Kangarootime, visit kangarootime.com.